Sunday, December 6, 2009

Four Weeks...

The Kids on Thanksgiving

The last four weeks have been a whirlwind!

Four weeks ago today I was sitting in stake conference with a headache, watching my feet swell, and wondering if my doctor's appointment the next day would be my last prenatal visit. (And it was.)
In addition to recovering from childbirth, experiencing sleep deprivation, and helping kids adjust to some life changes, we've been BUSY. Here are a few of the things that have kept us hopping the last four weeks:

  • Three Usborne booths
  • Thanksgiving and Christmas preparations
  • Reflections projects
  • Jer finished Organic Chemistry and got another "A." Is he brilliant or what!?!
  • Black Friday... shopping and book selling
  • The Holiday Gift Boutique with the accompanying planning and phone calls, parade float, advertising time, etc. and then worrying.
  • Exclusively nursing. This is the first time I've had a four week old that I was still only nursing. Why? He doesn't like the taste of formula and won't eat it. So, I feel like I spend over half of my day feeding the little darling. And he doesn't sleep as good as a baby who has a bottle of formula at night. And the two times I've left him have required extra preparation to make sure he has a bottle of milk in case he gets hungry while I am gone. On the upside... he hasn't stained any clothes with formula spit up and he always has that delicious nursing baby breath and baby smell. Thank goodness he will still take a bottle.
  • Regular life stuff... homework, piano practicing and lessons, karate, etc.

Here are some pictures from the last four weeks...Katie's Thanksgiving decorations on display at my mom's. I love little kid spelling...

Loving our cute baby Calvin...
Decorating the tree...


No comments: