Sunday, July 27, 2008

Usborne National Convention


Last week I went to the Usborne National Convention in Tulsa, OK. I have to say right now, most of the pictures on this post came from other people's cameras. Apparently, my flash wasn't working properly. Thank heavens I have friends with good cameras!
Me, Bobbi Giles, Amanda Padgett
The Dynamite Gems Team!

Last year, it was inspirational, informative, fun and relaxing. This year, it was still inspirational and informative, but not so fun and relaxing because I was asked to be a speaker and was a nervous wreck!! Well, not the whole time... I did enjoy Wednesday and Thursday, but my workshop (on home shows) and speech (on earning a trip) were both on Saturday so I spent the whole day Friday worrying about it. I wasn't able to fully relax until after the awards banquet Saturday night. On Friday and Saturday people kept coming up to me and asking me if I was okay, feeling well, etc. Apparently, I looked like I was going to pass out or throw up. (Which was a REAL concern because I DID pass out on the 4th of July.)
Anyway... I'm glad it is over and if I did a terrible job they don't have to ask me again (which is fine with me). Although, I do have to say, my during my little speech about the trips I talked about the song Katie wrote about the beautiful things she saw in Alaska and I saw Randall White (CEO) wiping his eyes with his napkin.
Me giving my speech on how/why to earn a trip in front of 500+ people! Yikes!
We love to play the "name game."

I did LEARN some much that I really think are going to help my business. This week Jeremy has been helping me figure out how to implement much of what I learned.

Me and Rachel Jessop getting recognition for earning Alaska!


I was also excited to earn some awards this year. It was pretty fun! I received #18 in Central Group Sales, #3 in Home Show sales, #2 in Central Group Recruiting (recruits have to sell $1000 to count), #1 in Personal Recruiting (recruits have to sell $1000 to count), and New Supervisor of the Year.

Deb Casey, Bobbi Giles, Shauna Zollinger, Becky Parkinson, and Sharee Owings after the President's Club dinner at the Tulsa Aquarium.
This was the limo that picked me up from the airport. My first limo ride... EXCITING!!!


Bobbi, me, Pipkin, Tina, Cindy
Becky Parkinson, Randall White (CEO), and me
As excited as I was about my awards I was even more excited about my family's reaction. Jeremy met me at the airport with a bouquet of flowers. When we arrived home I found out that he had planned a "party" for me with razzleberry pie (not cake, because I prefer pie) and ice cream. (It was just my parents, siblings, and kids... but it was still nice.) Katie and Matthew had made welcome home signs... Katie had even put on the Usborne Books logos (house with books, balloon, and duck) on hers. This week we had the missionaries over for dinner and Matthew told them, "We went to Alaska. My mom earned it from Usborne books. She is the New Supervisor of the Year."

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Congratulations on all your awards and your awesome success with UBAH! You are an insipiration to many of us!