Tuesday, November 3, 2009

What Happens When Instincts Take Over

Sorry I have to record this here or I'll forget it later and I don't want to forget it...

Today Will and Ashton wanted to go the farm with Jer and they were so cute about it he took them. I also think Jer was hoping I would have a nice relaxing day at home. It was not relaxing... I am driven... driven by instincts I can't control.... Instincts that force me to push and bend in spite of extreme back and joint pain. Here was my day:

7:30 am... Help kids get ready for school, remind to brush teeth, comb Katie's hair, etc.
8 am... Check emails, reply to urgent Usborne emails, online banking, pick up living room
9 am... Watch Jer research how much different jobs pay in Utah vs. the United States.
9:30 am... Jer and boys leave. My instincts to clean take over! I start sweeping.
9:45 am... Mop kitchen, entry way and bathrooms
10:15 am... Clean kids bathroom and all of mine, but the shower
10:45 am... Clean stairs with carpet cleaner, Start on family room
11:45 am... Eat quesadillas, grapes and crushed ice while I talk on the phone to JoDee
12 pm... Continue on carpets, discover carpet cleaner is not suctioning properly, call Jer, he will come home and look at it.
12:37 pm... I troubleshoot the carpet cleaner myself!! Call Jer back and tell him not to come home, I've figured it out!
1 pm... Sick of carpet cleaning, my back KILLS but I can not stop. Wash walls, door frame and baseboards in my bedroom, hallway, and entry way.
1:30 pm... Must finish the basement carpet cleaning!
2 pm... Basement is done! Set up fans to speed up the drying process... hopefully before kids get home from school and want to play down there.
2:05 pm... Scrub my shower. To do this I have to climb the shower and get on my hands and knees. My tummy is too big and my back to weak to clean it any other way.
2:15 pm... Shower and dress... for some reason I feel more exhausted than refreshed.
2:30 pm... Break out the pedicure stuff my friend Rachel gave me for Christmas last year. My whole body hurts, but my swollen, swollen feet especially need some TLC. Watch the end of Biggest Loser online with Kiersten. That show is so inspiring. I always get emotional when some sacrifices themselves for their friends.
2:45 pm... Start the dishwasher before kids get home so we have dishes to eat off tonight.
3 pm... Reply to the emails that have accumulated in my in box.
3:15 pm.. Kids home from school! Time to focus on homework, piano practice, etc. and figure out what I can make for dinner that won't mess up my clean house.

2 comments:

Darren and Jody said...

Hi jill,
I just realized your pregnant and Andy just had a baby. Congratulation! I'm very proud of you for cleaning your nuts. When are you due? What degree is Jeremy getting? talk to you later.
Love me

Tiffini said...

If that doesn't make you have the baby!!! Your crazy, but I'm sure you feel a lot better now that it's done!!