Sunday, March 14, 2010

When You Are the Mom...


When you are the mom being sick is THE WORST! Seriously... it is so difficult. Life goes on for everyone else and so moms just can't get the rest we need to get better. So illnesses seem to drag on and the house gets more messy...

I don't remember my mom ever being sick when I was a kid. I remember when she had morning sickness, but I don't remember colds, flu, etc. So, I have to wonder did she have an amazing immune system that managed to ward off all the germs that SEVEN children brought home? Or, did she just handle it so well I can't remember it? I'm pretty sure my kids are going to remember my sicknesses. I just hope they don't carry permanent damage from the way our house gets, the food they eat, they way they have to take care of each other, or the way they have to search for clean clothes when I get sick.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

((hugs)) I hope you feel better soon. It's the same here - the house falls in around me when I'm sick.

Stacie Rae said...

Mom is a TROOPER!! You're right... she was never sick! Or she was really good at faking it.