Friday, May 1, 2009

No Training Wheels!!

Katie had never been taught to ride a bike without training wheels, because when I'm outside I have to watch Will like a hawk (or he tries to walk to the park or Grandma's by himself) and Jeremy doesn't get home from the farm until bedtime.

But, yesterday she asked Levi to take her training wheels off her bike. He did and gave her a pushing start and she took off. That was that! She suspected she could do it because she rode the neighbors' little mini bike with out training wheels.

This morning she asked when she can start riding her bike to school. Maybe next year.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Congratulations, Katie!! Awesome! I guess because of Alaska, and your blog, I feel like I really know Katie and Matthew. I just want to give her a big hug!

Trey learned at 3 yrs 8 months, Daniel at 4 yrs 10 mo, and Georgia - never. She is 5.5 and she won't even talk about riding a bike without training wheels. LOL