Friday, May 1, 2009

School Days... School Days...

Those are Jeremy's textbooks. They just arrived by FedEx today and with them came a lot of excitement and anxiety.

For those of you who don't know, Jeremy is going back to school to get a second bachelor's degree... this one in Clinical Laboratory Sciences. (Which is basically the people who run the tests on in a medical laboratory.) The Gunnison hospital is currently fully-staffed, but wanted to have a back up person in case someone quits/retires/etc., so they offered to pay for Jeremy's schooling on the condition that if the need arises he works for them for three years. If they don't end up needing him, he gets a free education. It seems almost too good to be true! The application process for this was very competitive (especially since a free education is involved) and I am so proud of him for being selected.

Now, that he starts school in 10 days though, we're getting a little nervous. Not about his abilities (have I mentioned before that he is a genius... seriously), but about juggling his busy schedule.

I am so excited for him though! Science is his forte and he finally gets to study something that he enjoys and is good at. I'm a little jealous too... Doesn't pathophysiology (one of his courses this semester) sound interesting? I guess I'll have to get my pathology kick from watching House re-runs online.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

congratulations jeremy! what an opportunity. it might be crazy juggling schedules for a while, but I am sure it will be worth it in the end. way to go!