Monday, October 5, 2009

Where to Go...

William was thrilled when Elder L. Tom Parry talked about the Manti Temple during General Conference on Sunday morning. He loves to drive past the temple and look at pictures of the temple and often asks, "When can I go to the Manti Temple?"

Last night, when we were talking about his reaction to the talk my mom said, "Will, do you want to go to the temple?" And he replied, "Yes! I do want to go to the Manti Temple." Then after a pause he added, "Cuz, I miss Jesus."

We, of course, thought that was adorable. Then this morning while I was getting ready for the day I was thinking about his comment. I thought about how the temple is the perfect place to be when you need to feel close to Jesus. Then, the oft-quoted phrase from the Bible dictionary popped into my mind about only the home being as sacred. And I realized... for my children our home can and should be the perfect place to be when they "miss Jesus"... when they need to feel God's love for them and be reminded that He has a plan for them... when they need to get away from the pressures and evil and stress of the world.

And I was reminded again about the great responsibility is to be a mother. Because my attitude and what I do and say will determine whether our house is a place they can go when they are really longing for their true home.

1 comment:

Cashelle said...

That was so great!! It's good to get friendly reminders every now and then.