Saturday, April 17, 2010

Superior!


Matthew and Katie love piano lessons. It is only their first year and I hope the novelty doesn't wear off and they continue to love their lessons. Piano has been such a blessing for me, I want them to have a good experience too.

Since January they have been preparing two pieces each for their Spring recital and the Jr. Festival piano competition. They had their pieces SOLID. Then, as it got closer to the competition Matthew started acting really stressed out and his pieces started going downhill. We knew he was under too much pressure. So, we (Matthew, me and Jeremy, and his wonderful teacher) decided to have him pull out of the Festival and just perform at the recital. He was still PLENTY nervous the night of the recital, but he did GREAT. So did Katie. In fact, today was the Jr. Festival and she received a "SUPERIOR" which is the highest ranking!!





Video from their recital is on our youtube site.

1 comment:

Amanda Padgett said...

So sweet! What a great thing to learn. My mom was an amazing pianist but I can't even play Chopsticks. LOL

Congrats to the kids and mom!