Sunday, May 2, 2010

Diet & Exercise



I've been exercising faithfully, five days a week, for about five weeks. In the first week I lost five pounds, then I gained it back in the form of muscle and then I lost it again in fat. Then, I plateaued. I am still THRILLED with my exercise efforts because I am so much stronger, toned, fit, have more energy, and feel better all around. I also have LOTS more clothes that I can wear, which was my initial motivation for exercising... YEAH!!

But I would like to lose more weight (like 15-30 lbs) and I realize that I need to both diet AND exercise. So, I joined the Biggest Loser Club. I am excited because it gives me customized menus so I don't have to think about food choices. This is really helpful to me. (I would do Slim Fast because it is so easy that way, but it just tastes gross.)

I don't diet very often... I've dieted five times before... once when I worked at the Malt Shop and then after each of my other four kids were born... because generally I eat a healthy diet and don't really gain weight very often. But when I'm pregnant I eat for TWO and so I've got to get rid of that extra weight. Then I can go back to my generally, "healthy enough" diet and be happy.

Anyway... the diet starts TUESDAY. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Teresa said...

good luck! I am impressed that you have pretty much stuck to the no-sugar thing. That was my new year's resolution but it didn't last very long.