Sunday, February 17, 2013

February 13

This was the BUSIEST day! I left my house for Cub Scouts at 3:15, stopped back home for a minute to pick up Katie and Sophie to take Katie to Musical Theater, brought her home an hour early so she could go to her class Utah History program, and then as soon as it was over went straight from the elementary school to the middle school for Matthew's semi-finals basketball game. Matthew, Katie, Sophie Jeremy and I got home after 8:30 pm and they hadn't started their Valentine boxes yet. (Thankfully I had helped Will with his valentines that morning before school and Matthew and Katie did theirs while Ashton and I were at Scouts. Also thankfully, Kiersten had the little boys in bed when we got home.) Although she was a perfect angel during Katie's program and Matthew's game, Sophie was still not feeling well from her immunizations and WOULD NOT sleep after the boxes were done!
 I couldn't get a decent picture because the lighting for the program was weird, but Katie looked adorable and did a great job on her solo. After the program, one of her classmates mom's came up to us and said she sang like an angel and that she could listen to her all day. Sometimes I take it for granted that all our kids can sing pretty good (at least carry a tune most of the time) and that Katie's voice is especially good. Mr. B. also said, "Her voice is amazing. You really, really need to pursue that. You really, really do." I know she is talented... I just don't know what to do. We've thought about putting her in voice lessons, but she is already SO busy with musical theater, technique and piano... I don't know if she would have time to be a kid! We thought about just having her do voice instead of musical theater, but she LOVES the acting, dancing, and socializing in musical theater, just as much as the singing. So... I don't know what to do with her!

 This is probably Mr. B's last year of teaching. He is such a wonderful teacher! I feel very blessed my kids were able to have the same wonderful 4th grade teacher I did.


 Here are some pictures from Matthew's game. They lost by one point in the last 3 seconds of the game. It was such a heart-breaker for his team. All the boys were crying. I really felt for them, but I was also kind of relieved because if he would have won they would of played in the championship game that was  starting at 8:30 pm that night. Does that make me a bad mom!
I bought all kinds of valentines in the morning... sports ones, laffy taffy ones, Disney ones. We also had some angry birds ones left over from last year. But Ashton wanted to make his "more special," so he made homemade ones. He is not one for aesthetics. I tried to convince him to tape his homemade ones onto the cute store bought ones, but he wouldn't. It's kind of embarrassing, but if  you know Ashton it is really cute. I hope the second grade moms don't judge me!

No comments: