Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Good Boy/Bad Boy

The other day Will was watching me make dinner (and it was something he approved of... spaghetti and rolls) and just as I was finishing up he started jumping up and down and said, "Good job Mommy! You a good boy, mama! You a good boy! Good job!"

Yesterday, Will ate almost an entire package of gum so I secretly hid the last pieces last night. Well, this morning when he saw the empty package he looked at me and shouted, "You ate my gum. You a bad boy mama! Bad boy!" Then, he we walked into the bathroom to take a bath muttering the whole time, "Mommy a bad boy! Mommy a bad boy!"

I KNOW it is inappropriate to label a child "good boy/bad boy" even when they do something terribly naughty... but I can't help but think I've messed up and done that a couple of times... He heard it somewhere... right? At any rate, it is true, that I am sometimes "good" and sometimes "bad"... and so is he!

No comments: