Saturday, November 15, 2008

Our Little Detailer

Yesterday, I was moving some seats in our van around and noticed that we had accumulated a lot of books, toys, candy/McDonalds wrappers, paper and crayons, etc. in there. So, I said to Katie, "Why don't you clean out the van?" The rest of the conversation follows...

K: No.

J: Yes.

K: I have an idea. Why don't we have a contest and whoever holds their breath the longest wins. If I hold my breath the longest I don't have to clean out the van. If you hold your breath the longest I do have to clean out the van.

J: Okay.

I won and to my great surprise after Katie asked for a rematch, and I turned her down, she went outside and started working on the van. About 30 minutes later I was even more surprised to hear vacuum sounds coming from the garage. Our next door neighbor is a car detailer (he does a GREAT job, by the way) and my kids have seen him in his driveway cleaning peoples' cars. I guess that is how she knew what to do... because when I investigated she had the junk cleaned out, the mats out and already vacuumed, and was folding the seats flat to vacuum the whole floor. I was so impressed I had to take a picture to document it the moment. Our van was AMAZINGLY clean when she was finished.

Just when I think I'm expecting too much of a 5 year old... she proves me wrong.

No comments: