Saturday, January 10, 2009

Happy New Year!!


We celebrated the New Year by going to a New Year's Eve party at Grandpa and Grandma Coxes. It was very delicious. Then, we came home and the kids went to sleep. Jer and I stayed up until mid-night playing Mario Cart against people across the country. That was pretty fun.

The next day, we had planned to go to Chuck E. Cheese for the kid's birthday, but we managed to convince them to go to a movie and bowling. Jer, Will and I ended up going to Provo anyway to exchange some things we'd received for Christmas and take advantage of the after Christmas sales. We found some amazing deals and had a wonderful time. It was the closest thing to a date we have had in quite awhile. We even at lunch at one of my favorite restaurants... Los Hermanos. Will had quite the audience at the lunch... he was chowing down the chips and salsa so fast that our fellow diners were laughing and pointing. I think they were surprised to see a toddler scarfing down not too mild salsa. It was a great day!!

On Sunday, for family home evening we set personal goals and one big family goal.
Matthew wanted to reach a certain reading level by next year. Katie wants to finish an entire piano level. Ashton wants to learn all the alphabet (not just the letters in his and his friends names :) ). I decided I wanted to attend the temple a certain number of times this year and I can't remember Jer's goal. (It is on the fridge, but I am too lazy to get up and see what it is.) Our family goal is to not miss a day of scripture study. We were doing pretty good before, but would sometimes just send the kids to bed if it was getting late. Not this year!! ... so far, we've kept our resolution... of course it has only been about a week.

On Monday, while Jer was at work I took some time to reflect on my Usborne Books business, how the last year went, and set goals for the upcoming year.

I really do love this time of reflection, evaluating, and looking forward. There is so much hope in a New Year.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That picture is SO cute!