Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Hurray for Katie

We just got back from the Reflections Regional Open House where we learned that Katie won Regional Honorable Mention for her poem about Alaska. She was competing against K-2nd grade students from several different elementary schools.

Katie is taking the whole thing in stride. She was mostly thrilled to get a certificate, pencil and candy bar. I don't think she realizes what an accomplishment this is. I took a picture of her standing by her poem on the "Winner's Board" with my phone. Maybe I'll be able to upload it later. (I would have brought my camera if I would have known she was getting an award.)

We are so excited for her!

5 comments:

Tiffini said...

Hooray for her what an accomplishment for a little girl.

Cox Clan said...

Congratulatiions Katie!! I think that is so amazing. I hope she can keep it up.

Wendy said...

Yay! Congrats to Katie. Thanks for the info about the book club. It sounds awesome. I am way interested. Is there a monthly minimum purchase or a length of time you must participate in the club? Let me know and I will get you the info for me to join. Do I just give you a CC number for the monthly purchase? Thanks Jill. I apreciate you.

JoDee :*) said...

Hooray for Katie!!!! That's AMAZING!!!! TOOT TOOT!!!

Amanda said...

Congratulations, Katie!!! That is awesome!!

Jill, check out my family blog. I left you some "bloggy love" (an award) LOL