Sunday, August 17, 2008

Just call me Helen

We teased my Grandma Cragun for taking pictures of her T.V. Sometimes there is an event on T.V. that she thinks is amazing (like the 2002 Olympic Opening Ceremony in Salt Lake or when the Utah Jazz retired John Stockton's number) Grandma sits in her T.V. room and takes pictures while she watches.

Well, last night I turned into my grandma. After the men's swimming relay where Michael Phelps won his eighth gold medal I couldn't help it... I had to take pictures of the T.V. It was so exciting!

So, here are two of my pictures:






Like the rest of the country (maybe the World), we have found great inspiration from the men swimmers. Of course, there is Michael Phelps with his perfect Olympics... which just goes to show you that anything is possible; but we also found it inspiring that he could not have achieved that amazing result without the help of his teammates. In fact, I know that in at least one of the relays he did not win his leg, but his teammates came through to help him get that gold. Then, they are so gracious when they talk about his success and show such incredible sportsmanship. It is really neat to watch. It makes me want to be that kind of person... someone who enables others' success and then gives them all the credit.

GO USA!!!!

No comments: