Sunday, August 10, 2008

Why is it...?!?

Why is it that dads can get kids to do so much more work than moms can. I am assuming this is the case for most people because when I have vented to friends that I can beg, plead, bribe, cajole, threaten, and punish and not a lot happens, but if I threaten to call dad (or the minute he tells them to do something) they jump into action, my friends have said this is the case for them too. So I'm not the only one... right?

Case in point... right now Katie is sweeping the floor. They do their dinner chores about 60 times faster (when Jeremy is home) than their lunch chores (when only I am home).

One of the many mysteries of motherhood.

How we saw the hand of the Lord in our lives this week: Today at church there weren't many kids in nursery and the other ladies and I were talking about how facebook, blogspot, etc. allowed us to stay close to our families. We couldn't help but think that was one way the the Lord brought to pass the prophesy in Malachi about the "hearts of the children will turn to their fathers." Also, today Wendy (who went on trek the week before last) shared some of the stories she learned about the trials that the pioneers went through. (One 11 year old boy carried his 4 year old brother 15 miles in the snow only to arrive at the camp, lay is brother down, and die.) These Mormon pioneers didn't complain, but grew stronger and closer to the Lord. Sometimes we need to be reminded that we don't have it so bad and
"all things work together for good to them that love God." (Romans 8:28)

No comments: