Thursday, March 26, 2009

Grown Up Phrases


Everyday Will starts to sound more and more like a kid and less and less like a baby. Here are some things today that struck me.

Will: I want an orange apple (orange).
Ash: That is a green apple. He He. (Why does he always have to tease?)
Will: No, it is an orange apple.
Ash: Green
Will: Orange
Ash: No, green
Will: Liar! LIAR!
Ash: He, he. Green
Will: LIAR! LIAR!

How does he know the word liar? It was a little disturbing how much he sounded kind of like Billy Crystal in Princess Bride... "LIIIAARR!" (I am pretty sure he's never seen that show.)

Another one...

Jer (and Will) came to Manti Elementary to help me load up the van after their Reach for the Stars! read-a-thon kick off. One of my nephew's passed by as we were taking down and said, "Hi, Willy." Will said, "Hi, Spencer." Then, he turned to Jer and I and said very matter of factly, "That's my friend and my cousin." Earlier in the day when he and Jer were leaving the school he shouted to one of the teacher's aides, "Good bye! Have a fun day!"

Last one...


Every day when we pick up kids from school we drive past the construction on Snow College campus. Will excitedly tells me what the various pieces of machinery (he knows the names better than me) are doing. When other people are in the car he tells them too. "Look Jaxon. Look at that cool digger. It is awesome." Cool. Awesome. He is definitely not a baby anymore.

p.s. This picture is in sepia because Will turned my camera to sepia and it took us quite awhile to figure out how to turn it to normal color. In the meantime, several pictures have that sepia, antiquey look.

No comments: