Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Jeremy

Jeremy's birthday was last week. I have been SUPER busy with Usborne (which I will hopefully post about later... after I catch up on housework a little) and haven't had the opportunity to do his birthday post.
We celebrated Jeremy's birthday by eating dinner at Roy's pizza. His mom and dad came and brought his favorite cake. While we were waiting the kids all shared some of their favorite things about their dad and I wrote them in my planner. Here is what they said:
  • Matthew: He plays with me whenever he can. I love that he likes to spend time with me. He encourages us to do good things.
  • Kathryn: He works at the farm and tries to get us money. He plays with me.
  • Ashton: I like to play with him.
  • William: I want to ride tractor with Daddy. (Will is currently standing my the garage door, crying "Daddy!")
And just for the record, (and so he knows how much he is loved) here are a few of my favorite things about Jer:
  • I love his sense of humor... not the goofy one that people often see... but when we are at home and he is so witty and a little sarcastic. He makes me laugh EVERYDAY... which is not easy with someone as serious as me.
  • I love the way he is with our kids. He is so playful, but he also teaches them what is really important in life.
  • I love the way he sacrifices to help me. Example: Yesterday he took 5 hours to help me set up a book fair. Normally, it only takes 1-2 hours, but this one was tricky and I wasn't very organized. Then, instead of being mad that it took so long he said, "Well, I'm glad you didn't have to do that by yourself."
  • He is actually one of those husbands who puts a lot of thought, time and money into gifts... my birthday, Valentines, Christmas. How lucky am I!?!
  • I am so grateful for his spiritual leadership in our home. He is a good example... so many times after we watch a movie or have a late-night talk I just go to sleep, but he always gets out his scriptures and reads before bed.
  • He massages my hands and feet every morning to wake them up.
  • I have breakfast in bed almost EVERY morning! Seriously, I am so spoiled! It started when I was in my first pregnancy and fighting off morning sickness and he hasn't stopped. Every morning before I stumble out of bed, there is breakfast on the night stand. He is teaching our boys how to spoil their wives too... this morning Matthew bought me breakfast in bed before Jeremy had the chance to.
  • I love how his eyes twinkle when he knows he's made me happy.

So, you can see I definitely have reason to celebrate Jer's birthday... because I don't know where I would be without him!

Happy Birthday!!

1 comment:

Tiffini said...

Oh my goodness talk about spoiled! j/k What a sweet hubby you have, and great that he's teaching your boys!
(We did watch American Idol up until this season, it's just too much for us now.)