Friday, June 26, 2009

Ashton's Plan


Ashton saw our fetal doppler (yes, we have one... we bought it from China off of ebay when I was pregnant with Will and it is really, really fun and if we didn't have it Jeremy and the kids would never get to hear the baby because I go to my dr. appointments alone) lying on the bed tonight and the following conversation occurred:

A: "I am going to be super, super nice to my wife when she has a baby in her tummy."
Me: "You are?"
A: "Yes, she isn't going to have to do any cleaning up the house."
Me: "That's nice of you. I am proud of you."
A: "Yeah, I am going to help her. I am not going to make my kids do any chores either. I am going to all the cleaning. I am going to be the best dad."
Me: "Is that your plan? Wow, you are going to be the best dad!"
A: "You should think about doing my chores for me. You should make that plan."

That's not going to happen anytime soon.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

kids are too smart sometimes! What a great little story.

Anonymous said...

Love it! Kids say the darndest things. You will have to keep that for his wedding reception.