Sunday, June 21, 2009

My Kids' Father


So, it's Father's Day and of course I am very grateful for my dad and Jeremy's dad... they made us who they are and are STILL sacrificing and doing so much for us EVERY DAY. But today, especially, I am so, so, so grateful for my children's dad.
To say our kids adore him would be a huge understatement. They love taking turns spending the day with him on the farm. They love the voices he uses when he reads and tells us stories. The second he walks in the door he is bombarded by kids jumping on him and loving him. We have to negotiate who gets to sit by Jer at church because hey, I want a turn too. He is honestly a better parent than me and I am so grateful to share that responsibility with him.

This week has been kind of busy. I had a party at my house on Thursday and then my gall bladder out on Friday. Jeremy has been truly amazing. I don't know how I could have survived the last few days without him. He helped me clean up the house and get ready for the party. Then, he was just what I needed at the hospital before and after my surgery.

Of course he has been perfect since too!! I haven't been able to get out of bed myself so for the last couple of nights since the surgery he wakes up every four hours to give me my pain medications and helps me into the bathroom. He even came home from the farm to get my lunch, medication, and shower. I am so grateful for how attentive he has been.

Jeremy blesses our family with his priesthood and his example and just by being who he is. I am so grateful that my children have such a wonderful man for a father.

Happy Father's Day! We love you!!

2 comments:

Hepworth Family said...

You really do have a wonderful Husband who is a really go Father too.
I sure hope that you are feeling ok. Being pregnant and having your gallbladder out can be miserable?! I did that with Ben and it took me a long time to bounce back. I have been thinking about you and it's wonderful to hear that Jeremy is taking such good care of you. He sure loves you and your children.
~Britt~

Cameron and BreAnn said...

What a great guy! And congrats on being pregnant! That's exciting! Hope things are going well. HOw is the 2nd ward?