Friday, June 26, 2009

Farm Mania


This post is not about Jeremy's work or about the way that Will get's dressed in farm clothes every morning and then begs to be able to go help his Daddy. It is about an addicting, heart-racing, computer game.
We discovered this game when I opened the free trial as a way to keep Ashton and Will still on the first day that I was home alone with kids after my surgery. It was only so effective at keeping them from jostling me and hurting my stomach wounds. :)
Anyway, the idea is the girl is trying to help her grandpa save the family farm. She only has so much time to feed animals, grow vegetables, send stuff to market, etc. The grandpa helps scoop water from the well and pitch hay, but the girl has to do everything else. If stuff doesn't get fed, watered, or weeded in time it dies. And the whole time the clock is ticking. It is very intense.
Jeremy was laughing/annoyed when he was trying to talk to me this morning while Katie was playing Farm Mania. I kept shouting things like, "Hurry, your goose needs water!" or "Hoe, hurry the pumpkin is going to die." or "Get your money!" He said, "Wow, it's just like a real farm."
Ashton, who is in the stage of life where he is becoming a little obsessed with fairness/justice was put out and said, "Hey, how come the Grandpa gets to take rests?" I said, "He is old." He was only slightly mollified.

No comments: